PHAREMPA R-TG 90 & R-TG 80
Pharmepa Restore & Maintain is an advanced nutritional supplement regime formulated to restore optimal wellbeing through managing an important inflammatory biomarker ‚the AA to EPA ratio. Low-grade inflammation plays a role in a host of conditions affecting mood and energy balance to cholesterol management and heart health. Restoring health and vitality naturally requires a two-step nutritional approach that targets and manages chronic inflammation.
Side-by-side comparison studies show that the advanced rTG (re-esterified triglyceride) form of omega-3 raises levels of omega-3 in our cells 5x more than krill oil & 3x more than standard fish oil. Several features of Pharmepa rTG oils ensure they deliver better results, faster
- rTG omega-3 is nature-identical, so it is easily absorbed and utilised by the body
- rTG oils are super-concentrated with up to 90% omega-3, so they deliver higher amounts of omega-3 into cells where EPA and DHA can get to work
- rTG oils provide higher doses in a smaller volume of oil – capsules are easy to swallow and support split dosing, which optimises absorption when daily doses are in excess of 750 mg
The body requires a specific ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to function optimally. Consumption of meat from land-based animals fed on grains high in omega-6 fatty acids, together with increased use of vegetable oils such as corn, sunflower and safflower, has led to a rise in intake of omega-6 fatty acids in the West, while omega-3 intake has declined. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is in the region of 2:1, yet the average diet is now quite significantly out of balance at an average of approximately 25:1 and is correlated with a wide range of inflammatory health conditions. The two-step Restore & MaintainTM therapeutic protocol is aimed at managing inflammation within the body by manipulating the ratio of the key omega-6 and omega 3 fatty acids AA and EPA ‚ a scientifically recognized biomarker of inflammation within the body.
The AA to EPA ratio ‚ the inflammation biomarker
A low AA to EPA ratio of less than 3 but not less than 1.5 indicates a better balance of anti-inflammatory to inflammatory products in the body. If the body reaches a ratio of 7 or over, this suggests that the body is in a state of silent inflammation and at a higher risk of developing inflammatory-based conditions. Anything exceeding a ratio of 15 means a high level of inflammation, common to many inflammatory conditions.
Who is at risk of a high AA to EPA ratio? Individuals eating a typical fast-food or processed Western-style diet are likely to have an AA to EPA ratio that will increase their risk of developing inflammatory-based conditions. Developing an anti-inflammatory treatment regime is therefore aimed at preventing or reducing the accumulation of AA from the diet. By reducing AA we reduce the substrate for the formation of inflammatory products.
The introduction of a two-step program of supplementation works in a two-pronged approach. Pre-loading the body with pure rTG-EPA acts favorably to restore a healthy omega-6 to omega-3 ratio (specifically the AA to EPA ratio). Once this is achieved and the optimal balance of AA to EPA products is restored, the second step is to reintroduce a specific anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acid (GLA), which acts synergistically with EPA, thus continuing to soften the inflammatory effects of AA and its products but supporting the body‚ omega-3 requirements.
- Bipolar disorder
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Inflammatory bowel disease:(Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Huntington’s chorea
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Fatty liver disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis)
- High Blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- Heart failure
- Thyroid disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disorders (autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD)
- Athletes/Exercise recovery
- Anyone wishing to maintain optimum health
This two-step approach acts to restore healthy omega-3 levels before introducing the health benefits of omega-6 GLA, for long-term omega-3 and omega-6 management.
STEP 1: RESTORE
Pharmepa RESTORE (EPA 90) contains the purest rTG-EPA concentrate (90% EPA omega-3) available without prescription. This product is suitable for counteracting omega-3 deficiencies and restoring a healthy omega-6 to omega-3 ratio that reflects favorably on the balanced production of AA- and EPA-derived eicosanoids. Pharmepa RESTORE is ideal for people who have never supplemented with pure EPA or those who have taken a break from omega-3 EPA supplementation.
- Adults and children aged twelve years and over should take 2 capsules daily for a period of three months.
- Children aged four to twelve years should take 1 capsule daily for a period of three months.
STEP 2: MAINTAIN
Pharmepa MAINTAIN combines the benefits of 80% rTG-EPA/DHA concentrate with GLA and vitamins B5, D3 & E. This unique patented formulation is designed to balance and maintain healthy levels of omega-3 and omega-6 derived eicosanoids. This product is suitable for long-term use after supplementing with pure EPA (RESTORE). Alternatively, long-term users of omega-3 supplements may skip step 1 and take step 2 as a maintenance supplement.
- Adults and children aged twelve years and over should take 2 capsules daily for long-term management.
- Children aged four to twelve years should take 1 capsule daily for long-term management. Pharmepa RESTORE and MAINTAIN should be taken with food for optimum absorption and taken as a split dose (morning and night) where appropriate. It is not advisable to exceed the above dose unless advised by a healthcare practitioner.